- This event has passed.
An Introduction to Sexually Harmful Behaviour has been designed as a one day basic introductory training event that is suitable for a multi-agency audience. It was developed by Community Justice Scotland, in collaboration with CISSO and the Tay Project.
In relation to Justice Social Work, it is recommended that practitioners attend this training before attending the RM2000 and Stable and Acute 2007 training. This will enable a broader knowledge and understanding of the subject before going on to consider risk.
The expected learning outcomes from the course are:
- Basic level introduction to sexually harmful behaviour
- Increasing awareness and understanding of relevant legislation and public protection systems and processes
- Enhance theoretical knowledge of Risk Assessment and Intervention
- Awareness and understanding of the importance of self-care in working with sexual offending behaviour
- Increase confidence and provide reassurance in transferrable skills
- Introduction to co-working