Community Payback Order: Supervision
Interventions suitable for
Supervision is available across the whole of Aberdeenshire for all ages and genders.
Programme title and provider
Details of all Specific national or local scheme/intervention(s) available
Aberdeenshire Criminal Justice Social Work will provide Supervision to persons of all ages and genders. This includes younger people, women (Aberdeenshire Women’s Service), men who present a high risk of reoffending (Intensive Interventions Service), and individuals with additional support needs (Higher Support Needs Team) – with a view to helping them to manage their community order and reduce risk of reoffending. This supports and services are available through referral to the Aberdeenshire Criminal Justice Social Work Service (e.g. as part of a Community-based Order).
- Community safety and public protection
- The reduction of re-offending
- Social inclusion to support desistance from offending
In terms of Community Justice Outcomes, Supervision could contribute towards:
- Effective Interventions are delivered to prevent and reduce the risk of further offending.
- Life chances are improved through needs, including health, financial inclusion, housing and safety, being addressed.
- People develop positive relationships and more opportunities to participate and contribute through education, employment and leisure activities.
- Individual’s resilience and capacity for change and self-management are enhanced.
Process for assessment and/or inclusion in scheme/intervention
Supervision is available across the whole of Aberdeenshire for all ages and genders. If considering imposing a Community Payback Order with a Supervision Requirement, the Sheriff may wish to refer to the assessment of potential suitability with Community Disposals, which will be included within the Sentencing Options Sections of the Criminal Justice Social Work Court Report. Such a requirement would only ever be suggested where the individual is in agreement. That said, a level of motivation and supporting compliance is a component of the approach required.